Director Internal Market, Benelux
Jan Molema is a trained lawyer and linguist holding degrees from the Universities in Marseille(FR), Freiburg(DE) and Groningen(NL).
- He started his professional career at the European Institutions in Brussels.
- He started his career at the European Commission(DG Competition), and during that same year he entered the European Parliament as a policy advisor to a Member of Parliament being responsible for internal market and legal affairs. He held this post during 3 years, 2000
- He was recruited by IKEA Group to represent the company in European public and regulatory affairs, running EU wide campaigns in the field of trade, competition and internal market. He was based in Brussels and held this position during 3 years, 2000
- He was appointed Global Payment Card Manager, responsible for the total payment card portfolio of IKEA global, being spokesperson and chief negotiator in bank relations, 2006
- He joined the Real Estate company of IKEA to lead for a leading role in Expansion. As Director of the Land and Permits department he was based in Moscow. He held this post during 4 years, 2008
- He returned to government administration by joining the Benelux Union General Secretariat, where he was appointed Head of the Internal Market Department. Covering mainly Energy, Transport and Trade issues, end 2012
- He was promoted to Director Internal Market & Economy adding sustainability policy and labour mobility and Climate to his responsibility, 2017